ST GEORGE’S ASSOCIATION
Founded in 1907 as the St George’s School, Windsor Castle, Old Boys’ Club, it became necessary, with the advent of girl pupils into St George’s School, to alter the Club’s name, and in June 2000 the A.G.M. voted in favour of a new title: The St George’s School Windsor Castle, Association.
The purposes of the Association
The purposes of the Association are twofold:
a) to encourage members to keep in touch with each other and with the School; and
b) to give support to the School and its Head whenever possible.
The Head is, ex officio, the only Vice-President of the Association, and in this capacity he invites the membership to return to the School once a year during the Summer Term, when matches are played between School teams and teams raised by the Association. On this day also a Memorial Service is held for past and present members of the School in St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, followed by an Annual General Meeting of the Association, and a dinner.
Other events, linking present pupils with past pupils, may be organised, and notice of these will duly be given.
The Association is run by a Committee which comprises a President, a Vice-President (the Head), an Honorary Secretary, an Honorary Treasurer, and three ordinary members.
The Association is very mindful of its need to support the School financially whenever surplus funds permit. In recent years it has helped with the purchase of a minibus, pianos, piano stools, and music stands. Sums of money for School prizes have also been provided together with funds for the mounting for display of a Windsor Herald’s tabard, the proofing against damage of a large painting of a chorister, as well as raising £160,000 towards the appeal for the extension of School buildings.
Keep in touch
Please keep in touch with the St George’s School Association via their Facebook page.