In the Prep School, students continue to think critically and challenge assumptions; use complex, real life examples to underpin knowledge and skills; steer their own learning; and develop as well-rounded individuals who can collaborate effectively and act ethically.
St George’s School Windsor Castle is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) and is pursuing authorisation as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy – a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education – that we believe is important for our students.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- Addresses students’ academic, social and emotional well-being
- Provides a learner-centred framework
- Encourages students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning
- Supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it
- Helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish
- Provides students with opportunities to work both collaboratively and independently
- Encourages international-mindedness through deep inquiry into both local and global perspectives
St George’s Learner Profile
We nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. We know how to learn independently and with others. We learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
STRUCTURE OF THE SCHOOL DAY – PREP SCHOOL
|08:15||Registration and form time|
|09:10 – 10:50||Periods 1 & 2|
|10:50 – 11:20||Break time|
|11:20 – 13:00||Periods 3 & 4|
|13:00 – 13:50||Lunch time|
|13:50 – 14:00||Afternoon registration|
|14:00 – 15:40||Periods 5 & 6|
|15:55 – 16:10||Snack (for students staying after 15:55).|
|16:10 – 16:55||Prep or Activity (optional)|
|17:00 – 17:45||Prep or Activity (optional)|